DIP 1023--Resolution of Template Alias Formal Parameters in Template Functions--Community Review Round 1

jmh530 john.michael.hall at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 15:52:18 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 11 September 2019 at 15:36:04 UTC, Stefanos
Baziotis wrote:
> [snip]
>
> While that's probably true, IMO both parties
> (i.e. the DIP author and the reviewer) should act objectively.
> Meaning, a use case of a reviewer should be no different
> than another use case.

On this PR thread [1], Atila said he struggled to see the value
in it. My objective was to think up an example where he would see
the value. I don't dispute that Atila both should and would act
objectively in reviewing the DIP. However, if someone says they
don't see value in something, it can be helpful to provide
additional examples that might show the value.

[1] https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/9778