DIP 1021--Argument Ownership and Function Calls--Community Review Round 1

Yuxuan Shui yshuiv7 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 14:18:17 UTC 2019

Ownership/lifetime is definitely a very useful feature for D.
However, what is purposed by this DIP seems to be very limited. I
wonder how useful this will actually be in practice. (That been
said, since we could easily iteratively improve on top of this
DIP, this is not really a problem).

It would be nice if this DIP could include some real world bugs
that would have been caught by this form of ownership/lifetime
analysis.