DIP 1021--Argument Ownership and Function Calls--Final Review

Olivier FAURE couteaubleu at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 09:10:09 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 18 September 2019 at 07:38:49 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:
> It's not a complete solution. That'll be for the @live
> proposal. But it does solve the more immediate problem of
> unsafety with refcounted objects.

No it doesn't.

We've been over this, we've posted about 4 or 5 examples of ways
refcounting safety could be broken in the previous thread, Exil
already posted two examples in this thread.

So I'm going to ask again: why do you ask people to experiment
with it if you're going to ignore the holes they find?