Me as a traitor

norm norm.rowtree at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 23:03:20 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 18 September 2019 at 16:23:10 UTC, Dennis wrote:
> On Wednesday, 18 September 2019 at 15:53:03 UTC, Steven
> Schveighoffer wrote:
>> Ugh, I don't get the rage-deleting of open source projects.
>
> I suppose it is a lesson in not taking open source contributors
> / maintainers for granted.

Well from the linked thread it reads like this bloke threw a
tantrum because the foundation politely refused to pay for
commits pushed to Github when there was no prior agreement or
even discussion about monetizing the work before it was carried
out. The foundation also gave valid legal concerns as to why they
would not pay for the work.

I wonder how this would go down at LLVM, Rust, FreeBSD, Qt or
better yet the linux kernel. Submit some PRs, get them merged
then turn around and ask for money for your work. Give it a try
and let us know :-)

bye,
norm