VIbe.d / Hunt / Actix

Daniel Kozak kozzi11 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 06:10:13 UTC 2019

On Saturday, 21 September 2019 at 20:15:55 UTC, SrMordred wrote:
> On Saturday, 21 September 2019 at 19:52:51 UTC, Daniel Kozak
> wrote:
>> I have spent some time  (days, weeks, maybe months) to look at
>> almost all of this "fast" frameworks. And I can say only one
>> thing. Almost every one of them somehow cheat. So for me this
>> framework does not have any real value.
>
> What u mean by cheated?
> They tweaked the code to perform better on the benchmarks?

Sorry for using world cheat, what I really mean is tweaks. I mean
things like this:

https://github.com/TechEmpower/FrameworkBenchmarks/blob/dcbc03714d13aed9c179ed415fbd8fc9629fc6a5/frameworks/Rust/hyper/src/main.rs#L26

https://github.com/TechEmpower/FrameworkBenchmarks/blob/dcbc03714d13aed9c179ed415fbd8fc9629fc6a5/frameworks/Rust/hyper/src/main.rs#L52

https://github.com/TechEmpower/FrameworkBenchmarks/blob/dcbc03714d13aed9c179ed415fbd8fc9629fc6a5/frameworks/Rust/hyper/src/main.rs#L58

I do not thing, that in normal user code one would use this
tweaks, and D vibed code does not use them neither