[SAoC] MLIR Support for LDC

Roberto Rosmaninho Robertogrosmaninho at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 01:47:43 UTC 2019

Hi everyone, I'm responsible to implement MLIR support to LDC,
just in case you missed my presentation post about the project
this is the post that I wrote last week:
https://forum.dlang.org/thread/hinceoqtdfcxhahbuwru@forum.dlang.org

This first week I finished the first topic of Milestone 1:
   Milestone 1. Compilation of D through the LLVM dialect of MLIR:
     - Build and set up as the newest version available: LLVM
(10.0.0svn), MLIR, LDC (1.17.0) and DMD (v2.087.1).

Thanks to my mentor Nicholas Wilson and other LDC developers I'm
now able to work with LDC and LLVM 10, which is the version that
MLIR it's built.

For now, I have just two questions:
I've already started to play with LDC source code but I still
don't know how to run and test the modifications that I writing.
How can I see a "printf" that I put in a file just to test a
variable?
How is the best way to debug LDC on MacOS? And how to enable all
flags of debug and log?

I'm currently working on irstate.* and declarations.cpp, any tips
or warnings about these files?

Regards,
Roberto Rosmaninho