Nim programming language finally hit 1.0

JN 666total at wp.pl
Wed Sep 25 10:37:07 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 25 September 2019 at 10:01:40 UTC, Rel wrote:
> https://nim-lang.org/blog/2019/09/23/version-100-released.html
>
> Well, finally Nim team released 1.0. Now future releases
> shouldn't break people's code and this fact should increase
> language adoption. Still few things seems to be unfinished
> (like their NewRuntime thing), but I'd like to congratulate
> Nim's team with this big release. What do you think about it?

I've been looking at Nim every now and then, but I don't really
like it. It's trying to cover too many bases. Don't like
camelCase? Don't worry, snake_case and PascalCase works too.
Don't like GC? Don't worry, you can use refcounting and manual
memory management too.

Considering how APIs and libraries have to adapt to such multiple
cases, I imagine the standard library is quite a mess.