DIP 1020--Named Parameters--Community Review Round 2

Dukc ajieskola at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 12:24:04 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 24 September 2019 at 20:05:04 UTC, rikki cattermole
wrote:
>> Ask Mike to mark the DIP postponed? Walter's DIP has not yet
>> passed the reviews, so there's always the possibility that
>> someone uncovers a major flaw. In that case, it's good to have
>> a backup DIP.
>
> There shouldn't be any major issues with his.
> Apart from one or two invasive changes which he is more than
> capable of implementing himself (and maybe the only one I would
> trust doing it) its pretty light on features.

Regardless. A DIP may be fundamentally flawed even if it's
implementable and does not break anything. It may close the door
off from some important future change, or have some side-effect
that's hard to see in advance. That's the very reason for this
whole review process.