Nim programming language finally hit 1.0

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Wed Sep 25 13:43:48 UTC 2019

On Wed, 2019-09-25 at 13:04 +0000, Chris via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[…]
> I will not engage in a discussion about Python-style whitespace
> tyranny again. In fact, it can render code actually _less_
> readable and trigger compiler errors for no reason other than
> "missing indentation on line 149", copying and pasting can be a
> real nightmare. Fixing indentation can be time consuming - and
> what for? Forcing users to write "clean code". It might be a
> language choice - but then it's a bad one, and the fact remains
> that Python introduced it to nudge non-programmers into
> structuring their code. In other words, it was meant to be
> patronizing from the start. Indentation style should be decided
> on by the teams using the language and not be part of the
> language. Why is this so hard to understand?

Because it is your unsubstantiated opinion cast as some form of fact that is
not a truth.

You have a right to your opinion, and clearly you hate the Python way of
indentation (which must therefore include any programming language with an
"offside rule" such as Haskell). You do not have a right to try and state that
your opinion is fact that others must also believe.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200