Nim programming language finally hit 1.0

bpr brogoff at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 15:05:59 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 25 September 2019 at 14:36:44 UTC, Chris wrote:
> Let me guess, the reasoning behind it was the same in the
> 70ies. Force "clean code"? I.e. patronizing. Please enlighten
> me.

I believe it was introduced in the seminal paper "The next 700
programming languages" by Peter J. Landin, in the ISWIM abstract
language of that paper, and later picked up by implemented
languages later. ABC was the one that most influenced Python.

My guess is that it had nothing to do with being patronizing, and
that it was just a more readable notation, but that's just like,
my opinion man.