DMD git master stuck at 2.084???

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Wed Sep 25 23:38:09 UTC 2019

I've been building dmd from source since years ago, and only just
noticed today that the dmd binary produced by `make -f posix.mak`
insists that it's language version 2.084.  Why is this??? I thought the
latest release was already up to 2.088??

Running dmd --version says it's 2.084.  Using pragma(msg, __VERSION__)
also returns 2084UL.  What's going on??

Also, I tried compiling and running build.d myself, but it barfs with a
linker error and dies trying to join a thread when an exception was
thrown.  I've no idea what's going on anymore.

What's the correct way of building git master? Is `make -f posix.mak` no
longer the "right" way? How do I get a compiler that's the actual latest
git master? (Besides downloading a nightly, that is. I really would
prefer to build from source.)

Don't throw out the baby with the bathwater. Use your hands...