DMD git master stuck at 2.084???

Mike Franklin slavo5150 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 26 00:06:09 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 25 September 2019 at 23:38:09 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> I've been building dmd from source since years ago, and only
> just noticed today that the dmd binary produced by `make -f
> posix.mak` insists that it's language version 2.084.  Why is
> this??? I thought the latest release was already up to 2.088??
>
> Running dmd --version says it's 2.084.  Using pragma(msg,
> __VERSION__) also returns 2084UL.  What's going on??
>
> Also, I tried compiling and running build.d myself, but it
> barfs with a linker error and dies trying to join a thread when
> an exception was thrown.  I've no idea what's going on anymore.
>
> What's the correct way of building git master? Is `make -f
> posix.mak` no longer the "right" way? How do I get a compiler
> that's the actual latest git master? (Besides downloading a
> nightly, that is. I really would prefer to build from source.)

Which platform are you running building on? I just tested on Arch
Linux 64-bit with the following:

rdmd src/build.d

And it produced a binary with the following output for `dmd
--version`:

DMD64 D Compiler v2.088.0-240-gaf585f61a
Copyright (C) 1999-2019 by The D Language Foundation, All Rights
Reserved written by Walter Bright

I also tried the same on Windows 10 64-bit and it worked with the
same results.

Mike