DMD git master stuck at 2.084???

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Thu Sep 26 16:47:26 UTC 2019

On Thu, Sep 26, 2019 at 04:26:40PM +0000, Jonathan Marler via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Thursday, 26 September 2019 at 12:36:00 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
[...]
> > Is it something you would ever try to get added to dlang?
>
> I would consider it.  However, this is a fork of rdmd and I think the
> language maintainers would rather fix rdmd then take all the changes I
> made on my fork.
>
> I was originally making these changes to rdmd itself but there were
> too many things that I and the other rdmd developers couldn't agree on
> so my only choice was to fork it where I could make the changes I
> wanted to make.
[...]

Is your fork available publicly? I think it's good to have some
"competition" so that the official version doesn't stagnate. If enough
people switch to your fork, it could even make for a strong case to
accept your changes regardless of past disagreements.

Computers aren't intelligent; they only think they are.