DMD downloads over HTTPS

sarn sarn at theartofmachinery.com
Fri Sep 27 22:58:19 UTC 2019

On Friday, 27 September 2019 at 07:50:58 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:
> On Thursday, 26 September 2019 at 21:26:38 UTC, Vladimir
> Panteleev wrote:
>
>> IIRC, the last time we looked into this, which admittedly was
>> many years ago, was that SSL was an additional paid feature
>> for the Amazon service we use to serve the downloads.
>
> It is possible to setup SSL yourself?

That would mean downloading through a dlang.org server, but
they've chosen to host the downloads in S3.

I'm guessing Vladimir is talking about using Cloudfront in front
of the existing S3 bucket (though any CDN would do the job,
Cloudfront is the AWS-integrated option).