How to prevent DMD from changing the executable files at each compilation ?

Ecstatic Coder ecstatic.coder at gmail.com
Sun Sep 29 14:15:38 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 29 September 2019 at 13:12:53 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Sunday, 29 September 2019 at 13:06:37 UTC, Ecstatic Coder
> wrote:
>> Ah, then I guess it's probably because I'm using the MinGW
>> option when installing the DMD compiler, as unfortunately it's
>> the only "lean" option that remains :(
>
> why doesn't the zip work for you? it doesn't need VS either and
> the recent versions even do 64 bit with its built in linker

Ah indeed it sounds like the perfect version to me. Agains it's
VERY infortunate that this "leanest" version isn't installed by
default.

I've been asked several times to add the executable files on the
Github repository of my open source tools because their users
(including me) get angry when they see that the DMD installer is
trying to force them to install VS just to compile a tiny tool
like Pendown, Genesis or Cibyl.

IMO that's a very bad decision as it prevents adoption, not only
for my humble tools, but also for the D language itself...