Nim programming language finally hit 1.0

nkm1 t4nk074 at openmailbox.org
Mon Sep 30 09:57:59 UTC 2019

On Monday, 30 September 2019 at 09:21:30 UTC, Chris wrote:
> D is theoretically in a good position to do a spring cleaning.
> But then again, I fear this will never happen.

But the big one is @nogc and all its associated machinery. This
is the killer, the biggest source of all the mess. And getting
rid of that is not going to happen. Instead you'll see more and
more stuff designed to support @nogc. Complaining about it is
useless. So I personally don't complain, even though I disapprove
of this course and consider it the only real strategic mistake in
D.
This is, of course, assuming that maximising the number of users
is the strategic goal. OTOH, all these "f... off, don't whine, do
it yourself" on the forum suggest that it's not actually such an
important goal. As Adam Ruppe mentioned, more users, more
problems. Which is fair enough, so indeed why whine? It just
annoys people and provokes trolling.