Nim programming language finally hit 1.0

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 10:41:21 UTC 2019

On Monday, 30 September 2019 at 10:25:56 UTC, nkm1 wrote:
> That seems more like tactical or operational goal to me... What
> do you think of Haskell's "avoid success at all costs" or Lua's
> constant breakage?

Haskell is very successful. It completely dominates the niche it
was aiming for, a shared language for functional programming
researchers. Sure, it lacks some namespace capabilities needed
for writing large programs, but that is not needed for research...

I am not particularly fond of Lua, but I am not sure that
breakage is a problem for an embedded scripting language as you
can just stay with a particular version and even fork the
language with low cost. You don't need to focus on interop
outside your own application.
Lua and Python are the two dominating contenders in that niche
(embedded scripting engines).