-preview switches

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 17:07:01 UTC 2020

On 4/1/20 12:37 PM, David Gileadi wrote:
>> I will try to get it working on my Mac.
>
> Thank you!

I'm working on it, but it appears the code is specifically designed NOT
to build ddoc on macos.

Once I fixed that error (just by ignoring it for D_Ddoc, there's
literally no documentation inside the versioned statements), I got to a
new set of errors.

One that sticks out is:

src/core/sys/darwin/mach/loader.d(974): Error: cannot implicitly convert
expression 5 of type int to immutable(string)

Looking at that line:

         /// The tradition UNIX data segment.
         SEG_DATA, // line 974

which is part of an untyped enum section. But an enum definition ONLY
for CoreDdoc.

A really bizarre error IMO. Essentially, the real SEG_DATA is defined on
line 2883 in another  like this:

     SEG_DATA = "__DATA",

Which if I understand correctly should not be included at all because
CoreDdoc is defined. I feel like the error is a bug. Either it's
incorrect, or it's being triggered by something else and the error
message is not telling me where the real problem is. I'm pretty sure
this is the case, because that error appears a few times...

Before I go further, I want to ask, why is this a blocking issue? If
nobody can build druntime ddoc on macos anyway, why is a problem to
avoid adding -preview=markdown? Or is it just that you lack another
platform to test with?

-Steve