-preview switches

jmh530 john.michael.hall at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 18:11:27 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 1 April 2020 at 14:15:36 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> dmd '-preview=?'
>
> Upcoming language changes listed by -preview=name:
>   =all              list information on all upcoming language
> changes
>   =dip25            implement
> https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/blob/master/DIPs/archive/DIP25.md
> (Sealed references)
>   =dip1000          implement
> https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/blob/master/DIPs/other/DIP1000.md
> (Scoped Pointers)
>   =dip1008          implement
> https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/blob/master/DIPs/other/DIP1008.md
> (@nogc Throwable)
>   =dip1021          implement
> https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/blob/master/DIPs/accepted/DIP1021.md (Mutable function arguments)
>   =fieldwise        use fieldwise comparisons for struct
> equality
>   =markdown         enable Markdown replacements in Ddoc
>   =fixAliasThis     when a symbol is resolved, check alias this
> scope before going to upper scopes
>   =intpromote       fix integral promotions for unary + - ~
> operators
>   =dtorfields       destruct fields of partially constructed
> objects
>   =rvaluerefparam   enable rvalue arguments to ref parameters
>   =nosharedaccess   disable access to shared memory objects
>
>[snip]

It would probably be good if there were a spec page for these...I
remember seeing them in the Changelog, but I completely even
forgot that fixAliasThis was a thing. It would also be an
opportunity to get the additional documentation that will need to
be added to the spec ready in advance.