-preview switches

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 18:21:46 UTC 2020

On 4/1/20 2:12 PM, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Wednesday, 1 April 2020 at 18:04:01 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
>> This is why I abandoned the approach of using dmd entirely and wrote a
>> separate doc generator with a separate parser.
>
> Also note:
>
> http://dpldocs.info/experimental-docs/arsd.simpledisplay.GlobalHotkey.html
>
> Trying to do that by different builds... how would you know to do custom
> version specifiers? What about `static if` conditions? Just showing it
> is the only sane way I can imagine.

It looks good. I have a question though.

What about when you have things like this:

version(OSX) version = someFunkyVersion;
version(Linux) version = someFunkyVersion;

///
version(someFunkyVersion) void documentMe();

does that display "someFunkyVersion" or version(OSX || Linux) or
something like that?

Because the incorrect thing to imply is that you have to define the
version it's saying.

A feature I'd like to see too (but please don't do it for just me, as I
don't use your docs at the moment), is to have version filters at the
top so you can see docs only relevant to your platform. Should be pretty
simple JS addition.

-Steve