-preview switches

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Thu Apr 2 06:36:11 UTC 2020

On 2020-04-01 19:51, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:

> So whoever did this
> replicated the entire file but just without any actual definitions, and
> tagged them for ddoc. I think this was the wrong approach, we should
> have tagged them and included the real definitions if version(CoreDdoc)
> was true.

That was me. Do you suggest that the Ddoc comments are moved to the
actual definitions and set the `Darwin` version identifier when
`CoreDdoc` is enabled? That might have been better, in this case.

It's difficult to know how to deal with this the best way. Different
modules solve this in different way.s We don't seem to have a standard
way to deal with this. In this case it might have worked, because this
module doesn't have any dependencies on other modules. But in other
cases that might not be the case. You need to make sure those symbols in
the other modules are available when building the docs.

--
/Jacob Carlborg