Bug on windows DMD v2.0.90.1 ?

John Colvin john.loughran.colvin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 09:03:17 UTC 2020

On Friday, 3 April 2020 at 07:56:23 UTC, Luis wrote:
> So we are puzzled why dmd v2.090.1 on Windows, keeps falling. I
> doubled checked that with v2.091.0, both on 32bit and 64 bit
> versions, compiles fine. Sadly I don't know how measure the RAM
> usage of DMD as there isn't a equivalent of "time -v" on
> powershell. The appveyor VM looks that haves only 4GiB of RAM.
>
> The error, sometimes throws this :
>
> core.exception.OutOfMemoryError at src\core\exception.d(647):
> Memory allocation failed
>
> Other times simply shows a "Error: out of memory"
>
> And other times shows this :
>
> object.Error@(0): Access Violation

I don't have any particular insights to add other than to say
that we have had similar problems with Windows and recent DMD
releases. It's very hard to reduce. We had no problems with dmd
2.087.1, but when we were trying to update to any compiler after
that we had to switch one build to use ldc instead to avoid this
problem. Pegged was not involved in this build.