Change D's brand color to blue.

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Sat Apr 4 05:49:17 UTC 2020

On Sat, Apr 04, 2020 at 01:28:03AM +0000, log mout via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> The over 1 billion Chinese people in the world see red as luck,
> pleasure, and happiness.  Color meanings are NOT steady across
> cultures.
[...]

I'm Chinese, but I *don't* see red as luck, pleasure, or happiness.
That's just an ignorant stereotype.  But anyway, it's not even
consistent *within* a culture, needless to say across cultures.

[...]
> Changing the coloration of a language to increase popularity is the
> beyond absurd, as is evaluating the shade of a website to caution
> colorations in nature. People are not that stupid--nobody is choosing
> a language because of the _color_ of the website.

And the kind of people who *might* choose something based on that, is
precisely the kind of people you *don't* want as users and customers.
:-P

Programming is not just an act of telling a computer what to do: it is also an act of telling other programmers what you wished the computer to do. Both are important, and the latter deserves care. -- Andrew Morton