Discussion Thread: DIP 1028--Make @safe the Default--Final Review

Jonathan Marler johnnymarler at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 00:09:41 UTC 2020

On Saturday, 4 April 2020 at 06:53:57 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> [....]
> Now, as to what to do. I spent a few minutes and added
> `@system:` in to the C headers in druntime for windows, posix,
> and linux. Done. I hope someone else will do it for freebsd,
> etc., if not I'll go do that to.

The thought crossed my mind that this same reasoning could be
applied as a counter-argument for this DIP:

... So functions are not safe by default?

Now, as to what to do. I spent a few minutes and added
`@safe:` in to the source files in druntime for windows, posix,
and linux. Done. I hope someone else will do it for freebsd,
etc., if not I'll go do that to.

That being said, it seems like a weak argument, so I don't think
it changes much, but I thought it was interesting.