Discussion Thread: DIP 1028--Make @safe the Default--Final Review

Arine arine123445128843 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 18:04:00 UTC 2020

On Monday, 6 April 2020 at 06:03:17 UTC, Jonathan Marler wrote:
> I would like to add however that I don't see you using this
> same "the rule is too complex" argument on DIP1032. Which would
> read something like this:

It's a double standard. Just as how a lot of his DIPs aren't
detailed enough or go over and fix the problem that they describe
to begin with (like with ownership and borrowing, the example
given in the DIP detailing the problem, isn't actually fixed by
the DIP). Rules and problems walter complains about that everyone
else has to follow aren't rules or problems walter has the follow
himself. You should look at upcoming the moving/forwarding DIP
and "EMO objects". It's so convoluted if you need to guarantee
something is moved, good luck trying to read code to figure out
whether it is actually doing what you want it to.