[bolts] bolts.functioneditor - module for building function mixins?

Jean-Louis Leroy jl at leroy.nyc
Mon Apr 6 20:52:56 UTC 2020

Hi Ali (and anyone interested).

While implementing support for function attributes and parameter
storage classes in 'openmethods', then working on my new
'ducktyping' library (golang-style interfaces), I came up with a
module that helps with creating function mixins derived from an
existing function. Since it is used in two distinct projects, I
want to put it in a library of its own.

It seems to me that this is the sort of things that bolts is all
about. What do you think of taking it in?

You can see some code here:
https://github.com/jll63/openmethods.d/blob/using-function-editor/source/openmethods_functioneditor.d
I suggest you take a look at the unit test at the bottom. Real
usage here:
https://github.com/jll63/openmethods.d/blob/using-function-editor/source/openmethods.d, search for occurrences of Editor.

It's still a work in progress but I am opening the discussion now
because I will need permission from my employer. Which I will
certainly get (they are very open-source friendly), but I will
have to go through a bit of red tape and I will need to specify,
in the ticket, whether I will be contributing to an existing
open-source project (in case the module becomes part of bolts),
or I will be leading a new project.