Need help to run locally druntime CI tests on Windows

Denis Feklushkin feklushkin.denis at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 04:35:45 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 7 April 2020 at 08:48:52 UTC, Seb wrote:
> On Monday, 6 April 2020 at 06:29:32 UTC, Denis Feklushkin wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I have not touched Windows for a very long time. For about a
>> month I’ve been trying to start CI testing of druntime locally
>> but nothing works for me.
>>
>> Currently I tried:
>>
>> https://github.com/joaope/LocalAppVeyor - isn't works because
>> CI script uses (proprietary?) "Start-FileDownload"
>>
>> Build by wiki instructions. It contains step:
>> - Building DMD
>> You should be able to build DMD using the visual studio
>> solution found in: dmd\src\vcbuild A typical choice is to
>> build the 64-bit debug version (the VisualD options are named
>> 'Release' and 'x64').
>>
>> VS 2017 (used in AppVeyor script) says what current dmd
>> project isn't compatible with VS 2017
>
> Did you try it locally?

Yes

>> I don’t know what to do next.
>>
>> I develop under Linux, so only tests are important.
>
> Have a look at what the CI scripts are doing and don't bail on
> File-Download as that's only required to download the required
> tools once.

There are needed too many actions except File-Download.

> Building DMD should be very easy. You can either use the VS
> Studio solution or call run.d yourself.
> For druntime, it then really just bails down to calling make
> with the right parameters (n.b. the DigitalMars Make that
> everyone dislikes for very good reasons, but that's a different
> story).

Thanks!
Actually now I know how to run druntime Windows tests:

1. install DMD Windows package
2. it is need to use special console named "x86 native tools
command prompt"
3. run: make -f win64.mak DMD=dmd CC=cl auto-tester-build
auto-tester-test