Is it time for D 3.0?

IGotD- nise at nise.com
Wed Apr 8 16:55:56 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 8 April 2020 at 16:44:57 UTC, Istvan Dobos wrote:
> It does not matter if D only followed in these languages'
> footsteps, however humiliating that might feel, because it'd
> have the potential to give the language a new life. In its
> current form, its advantages over C++ seem to diminish with
> every new standard.

Funny, so called "modern C++" (C++17 and beyond) is one of the
reasons why I got interested in D. In my opinion "modern C++" is
absolutely awful.

The success of Java can be linked to its similarities in syntax
with C and C++ so inheriting the C/C++ doesn't have to be a
disadvantage. D did not become as successful as Java, for a few
reasons but it feels OT in this thread.