Chris Wilson from Grinding Gear Games mentioned this language

john miller makewebsocketsgreatagain92 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 22:46:14 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 23 April 2020 at 22:20:47 UTC, IGotD- wrote:
> On Thursday, 23 April 2020 at 22:15:13 UTC, john miller wrote:
>> ..in a stream with a popular streamer.
>>
>> I can't believe I never knew about this language. I'm watching
>> tutorials by
>> Ki Rill on YouTube with the RayLib bindings. It's incredible
>
> Please post a link to what you are referencing. Please explain
> why you think this language is incredible and what we are
> supposed to discuss preferably how it relates to the D language.

Oops, I'll give a link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwY9pDx1SRA&feature=youtu.be?t=5818

Streamer:

> "What is your favorite programming language, and why?"

Chris Wilson:

> <..sniped> Low level programming languages like C++, and Rust,
> and D.. have a place in my heart because they are very
> performant. It lets you get really close to the actual hardware
> <..sniped>

I'm just starting, but so far the language feels very
aesthetically clean. I'm getting the same vibe as when I started
to use Crystal. Slick code with good performance.

I just wanted to share this, because it might warm the heart of
the lead devs (or whoever is using D).