D perfomance

Jonathan M Davis newsgroup.d at jmdavisprog.com
Sat Apr 25 15:21:03 UTC 2020

On Saturday, April 25, 2020 4:34:44 AM MDT Joseph Rushton Wakeling via
Digitalmars-d wrote:
> IIRC Mathias has suggested that it should be possible to tag
> arrays as intended for this kind of re-use, so that stomping
> prevention will never trigger, and you don't have to
> `assumeSafeAppend` each time you reduce the length.

You could probably do that, but I'm not sure that it could be considered
@safe. It would probably make more sense to just use a custom array type if
that's what you really needed, though of course, that causes its own set of
difficulties (including having to duplicate the array appending logic).

- Jonathan M Davis