Trying to use DerelictGL3.load

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 01:57:00 UTC 2020

On Saturday, 25 April 2020 at 22:00:00 UTC, Pillager86 wrote:
> Not sure which subforum to post this but I'm hoping someone
> here knows. I'm trying to use the derelict-sdl2 and
> derelict-gl3 packages from dub but when my program calls
> DerelictGL3.load() I get a segmentation fault (Ubuntu). I
> installed libgl1-mesa-dev on my system. DerelictSDL2.load()
> works just fine.

I'm not maintaining Derelict anymore. I've ported both the SDL
and OpenGL bindings over to BindBC, which uses a different
internal architecture. Please use that instead.

Please read through the README for each project to understand how
to configure what you need at compile time. If you choose to use
the dynamic configuration (loading the libraries manually via
loadSDL and loadOpenGL), then you'll also want to see the README
for bindbc-loader to understand error handling in BindBC.

https://github.com/BindBC/bindbc-sdl/blob/master/README.md
https://github.com/BindBC/bindbc-opengl/blob/master/README.md
https://github.com/BindBC/bindbc-loader/blob/master/README.md