D perfomance

Daniel Kozak kozzi11 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 16:59:44 UTC 2020

On Fri, Apr 24, 2020 at 3:46 PM serge via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> To me techempower stats is pretty good indicator - it shows json
> processing, single/multiquery requests, database, static. Overall
> performance across those stats give pretty good idea, how
> language and web framework is created, its ecosystem.

Unfortunately there is a big issue with techempower. Because it is so
popular almost every framework [language] try to have a best score in
it.
And in many cases this mean they use some hacks or tricks to achieve
that. So in general techempower results are useless. From my own
experience D performance is really good in a real word scenarios.
Other issue with techempower benchmark is there is almost zero
complexity. All tests do some basic operations on realy small
datasets.