What happened to sociomantic?

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 20:11:00 UTC 2020

On Sunday, 26 April 2020 at 19:43:23 UTC, bauss wrote:
> I can't seem to find any specifics on sociomantic closing other
> than the general stuff but what are the specifics behind the
> end of sociomantic?

I have no inside information but my understanding is they got
bought by a bigger company years ago who wanted to preemptively
squash the competition. The only surprise to me is they took this
long to officially shut it down.

Almost any time there's an acquisition like this it leads to
services being discontinued, brands retired, and workers being
laid off. It's more a question of "when", not "if".