We're #1 on Hacker News at the moment!

Sam E. sam.e at example.org
Wed Apr 29 08:11:38 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 29 April 2020 at 04:20:49 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 4/28/2020 9:50 AM, Laust wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 28 April 2020 at 10:47:35 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>>> https://news.ycombinator.com/news
>>
>> The lukewarm response and the type inference argument make me
>> sad.
>
> The trouble is that was the first post. The first post usually
> sets the tone of everything that follows. That's why, when
> posting links on HackerNews and Reddit, *always* make the first
> post.

Hey there. I'm the person who posted the link on HackerNews
(username dgellow), and I directly created a comment with links
to your blog series "Das BetterC" to orient the discussion:
https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=23005322.

Not that it matters that much, but as you can see nobody replied
to that first comment ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.