Nim's new cycle collector

Araq rumpf_a at web.de
Wed Apr 29 13:50:46 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 28 April 2020 at 22:44:48 UTC, Adnan wrote:
> On Tuesday, 28 April 2020 at 22:42:35 UTC, Adnan wrote:
>> https://forum.nim-lang.org/t/5734#38665
>>
>> Text:
>>
>> [...]
>
> Wanted to share this with D friends to see how they view Nim's
> strategy of reference counting and how it would fit into D in
> theory.

Well nothing I do fits D's design, Nim is quite a different
language with its effect system for global variables and its
distinction between traced and untraced pointers.

You can always emulate everything that Nim does to some extend in
D but I doubt the result would be something you want to use in
production. This is not a criticism of D, D and Nim and Rust are
simply more different than e.g Ruby, Python and Lua are.