Who is managing/updating the wiki?

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 18:46:10 UTC 2020

On 4/29/20 12:47 PM, Sam E. wrote:
> On Wednesday, 29 April 2020 at 13:40:44 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
>> On 4/29/20 9:25 AM, Sam E. wrote:
>>> Hello there,
>>>
>>> Given the discussion in this thread
>>> https://forum.dlang.org/post/ixtarkqkifckeygknoot@forum.dlang.org I
>>> believe that the example from the wiki page "D for Win32"
>>> (https://wiki.dlang.org/D_for_Win32) should be cleaned up and the
>>> content should be updated.
>>>
>>> I created a wiki user to do so, but it seems that I don't have
>>> permissions to edit. Who should I contact to get that page improved?
>>
>> Something tickling the back of my brain says you have to make your
>> username start with a capital letter.
>>
>> Not sure if that's anything, it's been years since I set up an account
>> there, maybe there are more controls in place now.
>>

> I cannot say if you're kidding or not :) Why would the letter case have
> any influence on permissions?!

I agree it makes no sense! But I remember it having to be that way.
Either it wouldn't let me make an account unless it had a capital
letter, or I did make an account and the thing wouldn't work properly.

In any case, must have been about 7-8 years ago, so I don't know if
whatever was the problem has been fixed.

> Anyway, my username has a capital letter as far as I can tell
> https://wiki.dlang.org/User:Dgellow!

Then I guess this is not the problem ;)

-Steve