Status of WASM support?

Alexandru Ermicioi alexandru.ermicioi at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 16:32:16 UTC 2020

On Saturday, 1 August 2020 at 11:19:46 UTC, Sebastiaan Koppe
wrote:
> The GC uses memory mapping to fetch and return memory. Wasm
> doesn't support it so I wrote a simple freelist on top of the
> wasm memory functions
> https://github.com/skoppe/druntime/blob/wasm/src/gc/os.d#L180
> so that I could connect it to the GC (I can't use stdx
> allocator in druntime).

I see, can you explain reason why you can't use stdx allocator in
druntime?

Ofc, we can't make direct dependency between druntime and
external lib, so I was thinking is it possible to abstract raw
memory allocation in gc into some kind of interface, and then
just write adaptor to wasm stdx for that interface, or any other
stdx compliant allocator or std.experimental allocator?