__typeid

Bruce Carneal bcarneal at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 16:51:24 UTC 2020

On Saturday, 1 August 2020 at 16:12:58 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> Progress is moving along nicely with __typeid. Currently all
> types aside from `struct`s, `class`es and `interface`s are
> supported:
>
> [...]

I'm also interested in the runtime implications but I'm even
happier with the compile-time ramifications.  Knocking back
complexity while boosting capability?  You betcha!

Judging from the issues forum Walter and the other front-enders
have been fighting a rising tide of ICEs.  Sounds like this will
help a bunch.  Thanks.