type variables

Paul Backus snarwin at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 20:42:35 UTC 2020

On Sunday, 2 August 2020 at 20:27:53 UTC, Bruce Carneal wrote:

> I think it's all about readability given the performance
> constraints.
>
> Your type function example earlier in this thread employs
> iteration and is dead simple.  Not much to improve there.

You're conflating two separate issues. The existing alternative
to using a TypeBuilder + iteration is `static foreach`--which is
also iterative.

The question you should answer, if you want to convince people
that TypeBuilder (or something like it) is worth adding, is "how
is this better than `static foreach` and `static if`?"