How to get to a class initializer through introspection?

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 23:59:23 UTC 2020

On Sunday, 2 August 2020 at 22:25:19 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> Any ideas on how to do that via introspection? The fields are
> accessible, but not their default values.

It is ugly but possible right now to pull in the symbol via
extern(C).

See line 20 in my latest blog's example:

http://dpldocs.info/this-week-in-d/Blog.Posted_2020_07_27.html#zero-runtime-classes

ldc complains but it is a type mismatch not a fundamental
barrier, I just didn't figure out the right thing to silence it
yet.

> It seems like __traits(type, getInitializer) might be necessary.

but yes this would be generally nicer anyway imo.