Tracy Profiler Integration

WebFreak001 d.forum at webfreak.org
Tue Aug 4 09:09:41 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 4 August 2020 at 08:44:08 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
> [...]
>
> newCTFE in the end, has a lot less benefit than I first assumed.
>
> Currently it is missing execption handling, and associative
> array support.
> And of course there are some bugs in the featureset which is
> supported.
>
> If I had had a good integrated profiler back then, and some of
> the code which I have access to now, I would probably never
> have started newCTFE, and would have tried to fix the template
> system itself.

I think it's great that you are doing this. Tracing is an
extremely lacking part in D, so I am grateful for what you have
started here.

I'm curious though, why does this need to be a compiler change
instead of a library addition? It says in the user manual that
"There can be no more than 65534 unique source locations", so
wouldn't automatically inserting the boilerplate into every
function pretty quickly blow that up?

Also where does the referenced TracyClientNoExit.o file in your
changes come from?