Tracy Profiler Integration

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 12:47:54 UTC 2020

On 8/4/20 4:44 AM, Stefan Koch wrote:
> newCTFE in the end, has a lot less benefit than I first assumed.

If CTFE becomes way less expensive (in CPU usage and memory usage), then
the template problem becomes easier as well, as we can do more CTFE to
replace templates.

> If I had had a good integrated profiler back then, and some of the code
> which I have access to now, I would probably never have started newCTFE,
> and would have tried to fix the template system itself.

I still think newCTFE has worthwhile benefit, even if it alone cannot
fix all the problems.

I think newCTFE and type functions (along with Manu's ... DIP) would be
a good combination to attack the problem.

-Steve