Discussion Thread: DIP 1032--Function Pointers and Delegate Parameters...--Final Review

Aliak something at something.com
Thu Aug 6 03:52:03 UTC 2020

On Monday, 3 August 2020 at 11:32:57 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> This is the discussion thread for the Final Review of DIP 1032,
> "Function Pointer and Delegate Parameters Inherit Attributes
> from Function":
>
> https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/blob/5675676cfb21a69cfd6eda033c53356ee2275fd1/DIPs/DIP1032.md
>
> Please, folks, let's keep it civil. We're all on the same team.
>
> The review period will end at 11:59 PM ET on August 17, or when
> I make a post declaring it complete. Discussion in this thread
> may continue beyond that point.
>
> Here in the discussion thread, you are free to discuss anything
> and everything related to the DIP. Express your support or
> opposition, debate alternatives, argue the merits, etc.
>
> However, if you have any specific feedback on how to improve
> the proposal itself, then please post it in the feedback
> thread. The feedback thread will be the source for the review
> summary I write at the end of this review round. I will post a
> link to that thread immediately following this post. Just be
> sure to read and understand the Reviewer Guidelines before
> posting there:
>
> https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/blob/master/docs/guidelines-reviewers.md
>
> And my blog post on the difference between the Discussion and
> Feedback threads:
>
> https://dlang.org/blog/2020/01/26/dip-reviews-discussion-vs-feedback/
>
> Please stay on topic here. I will delete posts that are
> completely off-topic.

Does anyone have any data about delegate use case? Personally I
store delegates all the time and this dip sounds like it’ll make
it very annoying to do so (if at all?).

Also I see that there was another proposal in the previous round
that actual keeps the dip desired behavior but also allows
storing of dips. And there was no agreement or dissagreement from
the dip author after his misunderstanding of the alternative was
corrected.

Or did I miss that maybe?