Can't seem to call super constructor if it's a template

Alexandru Ermicioi alexandru.ermicioi at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 11:39:20 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 12 August 2020 at 11:32:19 UTC, Alexandru Ermicioi
wrote:

> I think we should not allow just this use case, but rather
> think on how can we chain multilple sets of template args,
> which would solve the thing also for new expressions too.
>
> - Alex

Btw, this issue is not present only for constructors, it is also
a problem for eponymous templates, where you have nested
templates with same name as root template and with some args. You
just can't simply pass template args for second eponymous
template, since D allows only one set of template args to be
passed on invocation site.

Workaround for that is only aliasing of first invocation, and
then calling the alias with args for nested template

- Alex