Probably trivial, but VERY frustrating compiler bug

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 13:16:28 UTC 2020

On Friday, 14 August 2020 at 12:47:01 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> As of now, there are three ways the compiler can give you names
> of a type:

I actually personally use .mangleof when it doesn't have to be
user visible... and if it does, I'll just demangle parts of it
(the first part for the name is very simple, it is
decimal-length-prefixed strings, then you join them back with dot
and you're done, it is the type info at the end of the string
that gets complicated to demangle).

It is pretty well defined and has certain guarantees for linking.

> It would be awesome if all of these were consistent and
> well-defined.

That said, I'd probably be ok with improving the definitions! I'd
still tell people to never use it in mixins but it'd at least be
ok for cases like this then.