Good build system?

Dennis dkorpel at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 19:48:51 UTC 2020

On Saturday, 15 August 2020 at 19:20:39 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> It shouldn't do that; if it does, I'd call it an implementation
> bug. You can list out the specific files that make up a
> subpackage.

But an enum / template in a different module could still affect
the subpackage even if it's not linked in, so dub conservatively
assumes it invalidated the build. The same applies to
stringImportPaths. Maybe if dub supported also specifying
`importFiles` instead of `importPaths` it could assume those
other modules are not imported.