Does the developers want the people to give suggestions?

Flade consolemaster0 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 17:21:51 UTC 2020

On Monday, 17 August 2020 at 17:00:54 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> On 8/17/20 12:50 PM, Flade wrote:
>> I want to suggest some things (for the switch and the foreach
>> loop) and I was wondering, just the developers take
>> suggestions? And if yes, did the made anything that someone
>> else suggested?
>
> It never hurts to ask here. Though if you are new to D, you
> mean find that your suggestions are already covered. What are
> your suggestions?
>
> -Steve

Thanks a lot for the quick answer! Maybe my suggestions are
covered (yes I'm actually new to D) but thanks a lot for
listening! I will actually talk for the switch statement now.

First and most importantly I would say to automatically break in
each case because from my personal experience, this is what we do
all the time. Also D let's you cover ranges so if you want for
example to switch in (x) and cover cases 1 through 5, you would
do "case 1: .. case 5:" so in D specifically there is no reason
to not break automatically. Also there is the "goto" statement to
be used with switch statements so even if someone needs to check
another case in a rare scenario, we are covered! If there is
something I don't know or I don't understand here please forgive
me and correct me!

Second, there is a small detail. You see I think that when
covering ranges, we should change the syntax a little bit.

Current is
case 1: .. case 6:
It will be better to become
case 1 .. case 6:
Or even better
case 1 .. 6:

Of course this is just how it looks better to me but I also
believe that it combines and fits better with the way we cover
some specif cases which is done with: "case 1,3,4,7" and for me
it makes sense that we don't repeat the word "case" multiple
times.

So yeah that was me suggestions. I'm new to D and I'm in LOVE
with the language!!! It just wanted to try to help with something
even if it's just some small details and of course I want mind if
this things won't be made. Thanks a lot for your time and effort
sir!