[OT] Dear Google Cloud: Your Deprecation Policy is Killing You

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 13:56:38 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 19 August 2020 at 13:46:31 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> * We got rid of the dilemma between using a ton of casts among
> integral sizes, and allowing lossy conversions. That also went
> over very smoothly.

Have you written much code using this? It is so painful outside
the simple examples.

The others are wins, but this leaves a LOT to be desired and is a
frequent asked question with people coming from C too. I used to
defend it but the more I use it, the more I hate it.

> If we did, presumably we could eliminate at least some bad
> cases without impacting the good cases.

but yeah this is always worth exploring.