Is there any language that native-compiles faster than D?

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 12:14:35 UTC 2020

On Friday, 21 August 2020 at 11:42:51 UTC, Mike James wrote:
> It compiled so fast at a demonstration to customers they
> thought it was broke...

That was me using D1 again after a while, it is virtually instant
even for medium size programs.

For my little webassembly demo I made a couple weeks ago, when
you do the "try it yourself" thing, it actually runs ldc on the
input and sends the output to the browser right there. No caching
or anything fancy... but since it compiles in 40 ms you probably
barely notice.