Is there any language that native-compiles faster than D?

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Fri Aug 21 14:37:35 UTC 2020

On Friday, 21 August 2020 at 11:36:51 UTC, Per Nordlöw wrote:

> Well it's only a matter of having the time to add it.

Fair enough. I would have guessed that the reference compiler is
the most commonly used and it's famous for being fast, most
likley faster than DMD. Therefore I would expect anyone that
compare compile time speed would pick the reference compiler
first, not gccgo.

> What's the easiest way to install the reference/official
> toolchain on Ubuntu?

For the latest version, download the binaries from here:
https://golang.org/dl/. Otherwise install the "golang" package
using the package manager.

--
/Jacob Carlborg